In 2016, the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics of the Faculty of Health Sciences of Yüksek İhtisas University started its education and training program. The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics educates students in becoming Dieticians who have universal opinions and values in accordance with the international standards, aiming in protecting and improving the health of the society and quality of life with their adequate and balanced nutrition knowledge. The Dietician is a health professional who has successfully completed the nutrition and dietetic education program and is entitled to do this profession by obtaining a Bachelor Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. The Dietician is the person who organizes the plans and programs of individual and institutional nutrition in line with the principles of nutrition science in order to protect and improve the health of all individuals, to improve and develop the health of all individuals. A dietician is a person who investigates, evaluates and finds solutions to health problems caused by nutrients, food and nutrition. A dietician is the person who ensures the use of existing nutritional resources in accordance with the economy and health rules, conducts nutritional control and informs the individual and society in order to adopt healthy lifestyles in terms of physiological, psychological and sociological aspects. Dietician is a health profession that plans and organizes training programs in accordance with the composition of natural and therapeutic nutrients according to medical and surgical treatments, in the case of congenital and acquired diseases and other special conditions.
For Turkish and foreign students, the general admission criteria of Yüksek Ihtisas University Associate Degree and Bachelor's Degree Education and Examination Regulations are valid for starting the program.
Regarding the transition between Associate and Bachelor Degree Programs between Higher Education Institutions the transfers from the faculties who have equivalent education is accepted according to the statement published in the Official Newspaper dated 24/4/2010 and numbered 27561. Applying for Double Major is determined by the “Regulation on the Fundamentals of Transferring of Inter-course credits”, “Yüksek İhtisas University Transfer Guideline “and the “Yüksek İhtisas University Exemption and Adaptation Procedures Directive” shall apply. The admission conditions, exemption and adjustment procedures of the students to be accepted by transfer to the Faculty shall be determined by the decision of the Board of Directors and the Senate. Transfer applications of those who have been dismissed from a higher education institution are not accepted. Students enrolling in the program for the first time should apply to the Faculty of Health Sciences within seven work days following the date of enrollment with the documents obtained from their previous higher education institutions in Turkey or abroad. In such cases, credit and note transfer requests are evaluated by the Faculty Administrative Board and the courses to be exempted are decided.
Candidates who have successfully completed their undergraduate education can study in their respective fields or in graduate programs provided that they take valid grades from ALES, YDS and equivalents examinations.
In Nutrition and Dietetics undergraduate program; Assessment methods such as midterm, homework, training, project, practice and final exam are applied. In the evaluations, multiple choice exams, classical exams, homework and lectures can be applied. To graduate from the program, the weighted grade point average must be at least 2.00. The grade of a course is determined as a result of the evaluation of the above elements and is given in letters. The letter grades and the coefficient of each note are given below.
A student who had obtained (AA), (BA), (BB), (CB) and (CC) is considered to have succeeded in the course. In addition, a student whose grade point average is at least 2.00 for a semester / year is also considered successful in the courses in which he / she has obtained a (DC) grade for that semester / year.
The student must not have DD, FD or FF grades from all courses in the program. Students who take one of these grades must take this course again and be successful in this course. In this program, the student has to have minimum 240 ECTS credits and his / her CGPA should be at least 2,00 out of 4,00. In addition to the compulsory courses, there are elective courses offered to students in order to choose their own preferences. The compulsory course that the student has to take is 180 ECTS. Elective courses constitute 25% of all courses and 60 ECTS. Elective courses which can be taken from other departments constitute 8% of all elective courses. The elective courses in the program can be taken in every semester for 4 years starting from the first year. The students complete their internship in hospitals and other organizations with their summer internship related to community health and nutrition and their internships related to preventive, therapeutic and institutional nutrition management. A student may take at most two of the Clinical Child Nutrition, Clinical Adult Nutrition, Institutional Food Service Systems and Yuksek Ihtisas University-Hospital and Outside Internship Programs.
Graduates can work in inpatient, community health and special diet polyclinics in hospital treatment institutions, as researchers, educators and in treatment. Graduates can also work as managers, researchers and trainers in other public and nutrition institutions related to diet and nutrition. The graduates of this program are appointed as dieticians in the mentioned public areas if they obtain the required score from KPSS (Public Personnel Selection Examination).
Dieticians who graduate from our school, can become a member of the Turkish Dietetic Association which was founded in 1969. The Association is a member of the European Federation of the Dieticians and the International Confederation of Dieticians. The areas where the graduates of the department can find job opportunities;
1. As a clinical dietician in hospitals (As a dietician in Diabetes, oncology, geriatrics, bariatric surgery, polyclinic, pediatrics a nutritional dietician or a cardiology dietician).
2. As a corporate dietician in institutions (schools, banks, public institutions, hotels, nurseries, retirement homes, food factories)
3. Community Health Dietician (family health centers),
4. Consultancy in the food industry, product management, product consultancy in markets, consultancy in food advertising companies, private consultancy and nutrition coaching,
5. Consultancy in sports clubs, fitness centers
6. Consultancy in Sports nutrition,
7. Newspaper, journal writing, radio and TV programs,
8. As a training dietician in educational institutions,
9. In research institutions.
1. Has knowledge of basic knowledge and evidence-based current developments in the field of nutrition and dietetics, research, implementation, accuracy, reliability and validity.
2. Has the knowledge of determining the energy and nutrient requirements of individuals with scientific methods, developing individual nutrition plan and program in accordance with the rules of adequate and balanced nutrition.
3. Has the knowledge of developing nutritional and nutritional plans and policies for the protection, improvement and improvement of health by using methods for determining the nutritional status of the society.
4. Is able to evaluate the nutritional status of patients and to interpret them in terms of nutrition based on their clinical findings and to develop patient-specific medical nutrition therapies.
5. Is able to evaluate the factors affecting the nutritional quality of the individual and society in the production consumption chain and to apply the standards and legal regulations for food safety and security.
6. To use the latest technologies, computer and computing skills in order to think and apply basic knowledge about nutrition and dietetics, has problem solving and decision making skills, creates a research project, gathers information and to prepare reports.
7. Identifies, evaluates, interprets, produces solutions, applies medical nutrition therapy, works with all stakeholders nationally and internationally in health and social areas, uses ethical knowledge and skills acquired in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics.
8. Taking into consideration the energy and nutrient requirements of the target group, evaluating the nutrition and dietetic aspects, makes menu planning in the institutions which are in the nutritional institutions and taking care of the food safety at all stages from the purchase of food to the service, and providing the appropriate service by benefiting from the technological developments.
9. Develops and implements strategies to encourage individuals and communities to choose safe and healthy foods, and prepares and updates relevant educational materials.
10. Makes laboratory applications for product development, nutrient analysis and factors affecting quality, evaluates and evaluates according to legal regulations.
11. Plans, manages, evaluates, monitors, reports and leads teamwork and supports the creation of national and international nutritional and nutritional plans and policies for the development of healthy nutrition awareness of individuals and society throughout the whole life cycle.
12. Carries out duty within the framework of professional responsibility and ethical values, adopts the importance of lifelong learning and improves itself continuously by following the developments in science, technology and health and ensures the advancement and development of the dietitian profession.
13. Uses his / her knowledge in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics in order to demonstrate the accuracy of the practices in the individual and / or team works, expresses his / her opinions and opinions in oral and written form by presenting justifications and evidence and communicates effectively with all stakeholders in accordance with ethical principles.
14. Plans, applies, monitors and evaluates the appropriate medical nutrition therapy in an interdisciplinary approach, taking into account the sociocultural and economic structure and dietary habits of the patients in different age groups. Participates in clinical trials.